Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Countdown.

We are loving our 13 Nights 'Til Halloween Countdown. This is a cross between the countdown in CK Magazine and Ali E.'s advent calendar last year.

I had a great time making the boxes and I love love love the way they turned out. Obviously, I painted them three different colors. Then I heat embossed the edges with black. As a final touch, I added black number stickers. I used several different fonts to give it an eclectic feel.

Each box has a different thing for us to do as a family. Tonight was: Carve pumpkins and cackle like a witch or howl after dark. It was quite fun! It's been a great way to add a little extra fun to family time. As an added bonus, the kids rush to get their shoes on each morning in order to open a box before we leave.

1 comment:

MAM said...

What a fantastic idea! We'll have to try this next year.

You've been tagged over at Without Filters :)