Tuesday, July 29, 2008

what's your mom do?

This afternoon, my oldest daughter and I were driving home from school shopping. Our conversation was one in which I was asking questions regarding important info that she should know – things like telephone number; address; parents’ names — and she was answering. Then came this snippet:

Me: What’s my job?
Oldest: What do you mean?
Me: Where do I work? What do I do when you’re in school?
Oldest (thinks for a moment): Oh yeah, you’re an artist.
Me (heart melting): Thank you Hannah. You’re so sweet. I always wanted to be an artist. Though what I do for a job is teach.
Oldest: Maybe. But what you’re good at is art . . . and being home with us.

Huh. I really couldn’t think of anything else to say.

1 comment:

MAM said...

This is so awesome! Aren't these just the moments we live for as mothers!

Monica