Okay, I'll admit it, I've been a little anti-circle on my layouts. I'm not sure why -- I think it reminds me too much of the LOs I created in the early 90's. So when Kelli's challenge was to use a hole punch to make as many dots as possible, then glue them into multiple circles onto one lo, the challenge was daunting at best and miserable at worse. (See, I'm not a big punch girl either.)As I was percolating on what to do for the challenge, my mom graced me with a goodie bag of old fibers and a jar of buttons. These would work perfectly for the Crazy Ladies photo of my daughters! I actually enjoyed sewing the buttons and I love the bright colors. I also found Kelli's idea of mixing and matching black letter stickers ingenious.
Using a silly photo with this quirky quote allowed me to be open to creative play. I let go of the "rules" and "my style" and just allowed the art to lead me. It was a fun experience and one I plan on having more often.
So here's to "Nonsense -- It wakes up brain cells," you know?
1 comment:
I really just love this layout. I haven't finished mine yet and I just might scraplift you :)
Monica
Post a Comment